Dispatch not sent?

Kenny Boufadene

22 Apr, 2013 11:10 AM

Hi!

I made a dispatch for our new EP release about two weeks ago with a release date for the EP at may 2nd, and I am aware that we missed the six weeks before release date deadline, but I thought we would be sent at the four week dispatch, but so it seems we did not, which is fine because it may still have been to close a release date.
But now that the two week dispatch has come and gone and it seems the dispatch still hasn´t been sent ( It says "sent: 0" at the dashboard) I must ask; Why?
Did we do something wrong?

We had a good feeling about this service and was considering using only Storyamp to do all our upcoming press releases, and upgrading the service, but I must say this has really put us off as this was an important dispatch about a release that obviously has not gone out.

Dispatch link:
https://www.storyamp.com/dispatches/3045

Best regards
Kenny Boufadene

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by dmitri on 22 Apr, 2013 01:18 PM

Hi Kenny,

I am sorry for the confusion. For record releases, StoryAmp only has press lists for the following genres at this time:
    - indie rock - electronica - Americana/roots - hip hop - jazz - classical - indie rock - Latin - children's music

If your artist profile does not list one of those genres, your record release Dispatches show up in our website for journalists who are browsing, but they do not get emailed out. StoryAmp is based on press relationships we already have so we did not want to add press lists of people with whom we do not have an existing connection.

On a side note, our concert press lists are not specific to genres, so you may find StoryAmp more value for any touring you do, until we get more relevant journalists for your recording genre.

It appears that you did not pay anything for the Dispatch that did not get emailed out. Please let me know if that is incorrect.

Thank you for using StoryAmp!

Dmitri Vietze
    founder
    StoryAmp, LLC

2. 2 Posted by Kenny Boufadene on 22 Apr, 2013 01:40 PM

Hi Dmitri, thanks for your reply.

Alright, well would have been nice to know that before we signed up, or maybe we missed that information?

Anyway, do you expect that you will be getting contacts in the Rock genre further up, and how long do you think that may take?

Ok, well it is good that it works for touring, unfortunately we don´t have any tours planned right now. :)

Best regards

Kenny Boufadene

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by dmitri on 22 Apr, 2013 01:50 PM

Hi Kenny,

Sorry for the confusion and not letting you know sooner in the process. Our vision is that journalists use StoryAmp for discovery from the website as well as from the emails. In addition, we hope that artists find value in the press kit aspect of StoryAmp, where you can share a link to your Dispatch with your own contact lists (including with distributors, social media, with concert promoters, and even fans).

We do think we will have a rock press list by mid to lat summer.

Thank you again,

Dmitri

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac